Monday, September 24, 2007

Shrine Report

So, as many of you may know, I had a table for my comic, The Black Lipstick Curse at the Shrine Auditorium, this past Sunday. Over all the Los Angeles Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention was collectibles show, with low attendance, but it was still nice to have a presence there, and having said that, I really didn't do to bad. Nor was I the only person there pushing their own comic book.

Of course we have to start with me. Aren't I just the cutest thing you ever saw?

...and the table. I think it turned out rather nice.

Here's Bill Bronson with his line of rather cheeky comic strips. This was his first time at the Shrine, too.

Blazin Brandy had a very nice booth, and I'm told that they're there every show. They were also pushing the novel Of Another Kind.
And here are the nice folks at Tumble Creek Press with their book 13. They seemed to be having a good time, while selling prints, having drawings for prizes, and giving out ashcans
And of course those damn Jedi (this time from LAJedi.com) are always acting up. Here they are fighting over the last copy of my comic. But really, these guys were just awesome, from there willingness to pose for photos, to the attention to detail in their costumes. I was very impressed, and happy to see that there would be people dressed up, even at a small convention like this.
People I forgot to photograph, include the Bridges, of Pendant Productions (Your Source for Original Radio Dramas!) who do wonderful fan, superhero radio shows. Comic dealers Eliot & Josh Spero, and staff, who we had the table next to ours (and bought work off of me) as well as my friend Dan, who knowing nothing about comic books, helped me out all day long, without complaint or pay. Thanks also go out to Heidi MacDonald for making an anouncment about my table on her blog for Publishers Weekly, called The Beat.
Lastly I'd like to thank Bruce Schwzartz for providing me with the table at an amazingly low rate.

3 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Nice to see you !
Sounds like the convention was fun.

Christopher Moonlight said...

It was. Thank you. You should come and say hi at the next one. I think it'll be in November. Do you have a My Space? If you friend me form it, I'll send you invites as my shows come up.

spacedlaw said...

Unless it is in Europe, I am not likely to show up...

I - very reluctantly - have a MS account (I swore I would not but my editor asked me to) but it is not terribly active (and likely to remain so - I spend enough time on LJ and Blogger as it is). I'll friend you.