Wednesday, April 18, 2007

300

I have seen 300 at last, and all I have to say is that Frank Miller must be so happy. It was truly a wonderful and relevant piece of cinema. I would like to see more movies made like this, where it gives way to some much opportunity for artist styling.



One other thing I feel I should note, is a conversation that I had with a friend of mine. He said much the same thing as I, but also gave way to his vexation with Alan Moore, with this comment. "300 is such a fantastic movie, and Frank Miller must be feeling so proud, where Alan Moore has only expressed shame in comics, and made it a very loud point to distance himself from it all." I paraphrase, and I should also point out that we both feel much love for Moore, and all of his awe inspiring work. Of course, we'll all see what it comes to when 300's director, takes on The Watchmen next.


No comments: